Courses & Workshops
Accessibility & Inclusion in the Workplace
This thirty-hour online self-paced course will provide you with the background, information, and resources needed to support the implementation of the new BC accessibility legislation. It is also useful to anyone who would like to learn how to effectively support creating more inclusive and accessible spaces.
Creating Accessibility Plans
This 3-5 hour online instructor-led workshop will provide opportunities to explore the various aspects of the new BC Accessibility Legislation, including accessibility committees, accessibility plans, and feedback mechanisms. It has been set up to provide many opportunities to either consider topics individually or discuss aspects of each requirement with your organizational teams. It can be customized to suit your organizational needs.
Customized Instructor-Led or Self-Directed Course/Workshop
Please contact me if you would like me to create a short workshop or a longer course on any topic related to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, or the new BC Accessibility legislation. I would love to work with you!
Grades 4-8 Disability Awareness Workshop
This 45 minute workshop is geared towards students in grades 4-8.
Topics within this presentation include:
- definition and how disabilities can affect people
- some facts about disabilities
- my story and how my disability has affected me
- support for people who have disabilities
- some resources they may want to check out
- 5 things they can do to support a person with a disability:
1. Use inclusive language (thumbs up/thumbs down activity)
2. Educate yourself and others about disabilities
3. Consider the different types of barriers that people with disabilities have and help to minimize them
4. Advocate for people with disabilities and spend time with them
5. Assume that they can do it